Plockmatic International, through it’s offline company Morgana Systems Ltd, introduces the replacement for the BM200e system bookletmaker with the upgraded BM500 or BM350 system. Now with 50 sheet or 35 sheet capacity, this robust offline bookletmaker has the same features as the popular inline version for Fuji Xerox and Ricoh. The Pro50/35 for Fuji Xerox and the PBM500/350 for Ricoh have been well received by production digital print users over this past year, and now offline, digitally printed booklets up to 50 sheets, can be produced with the same high quality.
The BM500/350 comes in two versions, a base 35 sheet unit and an optional upgrade kit to allow for up to 50 sheets of 80gsm. Together with the Trimmer and SquareFold module, quality booklets can be produced either hand fed or connected to the new AF602 digital feeder from Plockmatic. The large capacity bins on the AF602 will accommodate long uninterrupted unattended runs that will fit well into the digital print workflow.
Commenting on the newest addition to an impressive range of products, Ray Hillhouse, Sales & Marketing Director at Morgana Systems, said: “We have seen significant demand for the in-line version of this machine through our partnerships with the print engine manufacturers. There is a definite need for higher page count booklets and booklets created using much thicker paper stocks. This pushes the capabilities of our current set of bookletmakers, which are primarily focused at producing up to 30 sheets of 80gsm.”
Mr. Hillhouse continues to say, “It therefore made sense for us to offer this as an off-line solution. We have linked it to our recently launched AF602 feeder, incorporating dual high-capacity bins, to provide the market with a unique solution to higher page count booklets at a very cost effective price.”
The intuitive new user interface makes setup and operation simple, quick and easy to understand.
New features include:
• A patented “set positioning mechanism” that enables the operator to adjust the staple and/or fold position up and down on the spine from the user interface independently. Fine-tuning can be performed anytime during the run for maximum productivity.
• The newest patented folding technology. Fold duration is automatically optimized based on stock type and sheet count achieving the best possible result on every booklet without manual adjustments.
• Durable and maintenance-free staple heads. High-wear parts are now in the consumable cartridge itself, so service frequency is virtually eliminated.
• The SquareFold Module has been re-positioned ahead of the Trimmer Module for high precision
face trim on high sheet count books.
• 100 (50 sheet folded) sheet face trimmer with variable trim length featuring and unique multi cut feature enabling additional trimming.
• It’s not just about 50 sheets!
The BM500/BM350 are specifically designed to handle a wide range of coated, uncoated and textured stock at heavier weights, sheet counts and precision than the competition.
BM500 System with AF602 Feeder
The Plockmatic dealer in Australia is Fuji Xerox Supplies division, and the BM500/350 is also sold through their re-seller Ferrostaal. The BM500 can be seen at PrintEx 2015 in the Ferrostaal booth 2022.
Plockmatic International contact Australia/New Zealand
Chris Toll - Regional Sales Manager
Australia, New Zealand, Asia
Phone - +61.7.4697.9553
Mobile - +61 (0)431.411.768
Email – email@example.com
Web - www.plockmatic.se